Brew your favorite tea in this beautifully hand crafted teapot made from clay found in the Yixing Chinese province. This traditional style teapot is crafted into a nonagon (nine-sided shape) with two handles featuring a braided texture. The handles meet in the middle for easier carrying, while they fold separately to the sides to pour.
Yixing ware has the unique ability to absorb the tea flavor with continued usage. The fired clay contains tiny air pockets which provide insulation and enhanced taste and aroma of fine tea. It is even said that after many years of use, you can brew tea just by adding boiling water to the teapot. The different colors are achieved from pigments added into the clay before firing. Due to the handmade nature of this tea pot, the textures and patterns will vary from piece to piece.
- Nonagon Teapot with handles
- Hand-crafted from Yixing clay with straining holes
- Certified lead-free
- Meant for use with one type of tea
- Enhances aroma and flavor of fine teas
- Hand wash with hot water (no soap)
- 7" L x 6" W x 3" H, 16 ounce capacity